Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Soup Night

So I've just finished reading Soup Night by Maggie Stuckey.

What a wonderful book for the first full week of autumn!

Stuckey has accomplished what cookbook readers most desire. She's told an engaging story about how sitting down to share a simple soup meal has the power to bind a neighborhood.  She's also shared delicious, simple and wonderfully unique recipes.  If you're soup obsessed like I am you already know what a challenge it is to find recipes that are actually new.  I have three or four soup cookbooks that probably only have seven unique recipes between them. The choices here are almost overwhelming. In fact, I had a hard time choosing which one to make first, but I think it's going to be the chipotle sweet potato soup. I'd really love to try the pear and blue cheese tonight, too, but I'm not sure that will be Bink's favorite.

I'll report back with results but I'm sure the sweet potato is going to be a hit.

I would definitely say this book is a MUST OWN for soup lovers, community organizers, neighborhood captains, and anyone who faces the prospect of preparing delicious food for a big crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment